- providers of specialized services for stepfamilies
- counselled many hundreds of stepfamily members.
- developed and delivered seminars and courses for
- Gender balanced
- Research based
- Solution focused
- Highly structured
- face-to-face sessions
- teleconference sessions
- videoconference sessions
- evening sessions
- weekend sessions
- sessions booked to accommodate child care schedules
- individual sessions
- couple sessions
- family sessions
- Building Stepfamilies That Work: A comprehensive
structured course for stepfamily couples
- When HE Has Kids...and You Don't: A highly
specialized course for stepmothers who have never had a biological child
of their own,
- Stepfamily Problem List: Distinguishes between
common, everyday problems and those requiring focused attention
- Stepfamily Stress Inventory: Identifies stress
creating aspects of the stepfamily's structure, shows how stressors are
impacting the individual, and assesses the strength and availability of
resources to manage those stressors.
- Stepparent Self Assessment: A rating scale designed
to assess and guide a stepparent's across 8 developmental areas.
- Stepparent Survey: Assesses a stepfamily's
functioning and needs across 15 developmental areas.
- Stepfamily Specific Problems: A list of problems
that frequently appear in stepfamilies, but are most unlikely to be
present in biological (i.e., first) families.
- Written many helpful, practical articles (e.g.,
shuttling) on stepfamily issues,
concerns and solutions.
- Results obtained from our surveys and formal
research studies that are sponsored by the Foundation are incorporated
into the services and resources we make available to the stepfamilies we
- Over 90% of all couples who have completed our
courses and/or counselling since 1999 are still together.
contained on this page is for the personal use of stepfamily members
visiting this web site. All other use, reproduction, distribution or storage
of this work, in whole or in part, by any and all means, without the express
written permission of the author, is strictly prohibited.
Stepfamily Foundation of